Lots to talk about regarding the weather, but this topic also has many sign variations due to the different regions.
There’s also a lot of variation in the emphasis of weather signs, for example RAIN (slow and straight down), POURING (signed faster and “harder”) & RAINING LIKE CATS AND DOGS (signed diagonally hard and puffed mouth NMM).
Some conversation starters:
– What’s your favorite season & why?
– What’s the worse situation you’ve been in? What happened?
– Where was the hottest place you’ve been to?
– What’s your favorite winter activity?
– What are the natural weather patterns of the United States? (California – earthquakes, Midwest – Tornadoes, etc.)
– If you had to choose a natural disaster to go through, what would it be?
– Do you prefer hot or cold?
– How much rain/snow does your hometown get annually?