Now you’ve learned different signs for sports but don’t know how to practice other than asking “FAVORITE SPORT WHAT?”
Here’s some ideas to get you started:
* Describe a Sport using Classifiers only and your partner (or group) has to guess the sport.
* If you’re in a group, one person picks a letter of the alphabet and everyone else has to name a sport, activity, and everything associated with a sport starting with that letter. Picked D – diving, drop (ball), drag (racing), dive, diving board, and so on. Those with the same words get scratched out and winner is the one with the most unique words (Akin to the game Scattergories).
* Ask each other various questions such as:
– Do you play Sports? What position? (if applies)
– Is there a sport you want to learn to play?
– Have you gone to a live Professional Sport game at an Arena or Stadium?
– What is your hometown team called?
– Who do you think is a good athlete?
– What sport do you refuse to play / watch? Why?
* Tell a story about a Sporting event you went to, a sport you played as a child, a casual game you played with family or friends in the backyard.